by Rick Niewoehner
There is a better way to plot the full path location of the design file
1. Open the “Plot-(V7)” or the “Print-(V8)” dialog box.
2. Attach the “PenTable” you wish to use.
3. Edit that “PenTable”.
4. Click on “Text Substitutions”.
5. Click “Edit”.
6. Insert “Design File Long”, (this places the code $FILEL$ into the
7. Now place that text anywhere you want into the file (it must be
visible when plotted).
8. The file Path will be printed wherever the $FILEL$ text is located.
You can also insert the time and date in the same way once the “PenTable”
has been edited in a similar manner!
This works in both V7 and V8, (the code text changed in V8, so you may have
to edit the “PenTables” from V7 to V8).